Saturday 29 October 2016

Time Travellers



The outside to their worlds,
She watched,
As they passed by.
 Fascinated by their unknown destinations. 
All strangers. 
They all blurred after long,
Just misty bodies and frames
Looking like time travellers,
Making footprints in marble
Like ghosts they moved, 
Invisible to each stare. 
Were they not distant brothers and sisters?
Kin to one another?
So much breath wasted on hate,
Intelligent creatures, who lavish there talent in death.
Blinded by difference, lost themselves in endless lineage. 
Has thy affections been vanquished over paper and earth,
Stunned by breed, heedless to see 
You share one brain, 
One heart, 
Once soul. 


Hey guys its Lydia here! I wrote this open on my break a few days ago, while I was doing my work experience in London. I was mainly influenced from some of the issues that are going on with society right now, but in literacy connections I have been reading a lot of World War One poems, and I've been reading and almost finished To Kill a Mocking bird, which is such a beautifully written book and I highly recommend you to read it, love it and wrap your mind around the novel. 
Give me a comment on the poem, telling me whether you like it or think it could be improved, I'm still not so sure on the coffee bit at the beginning. 

1 comment:

  1. Good use of poetic language, love the misty bodies and frames. Not sure about the bitter liquid either :)

    ReplyDelete