Tuesday 5 July 2016

Some more of Beautifully Ugly

Hey guys, its Lydia here!
I've written some more of my novel/short story Beautifully Ugly. I really think this story is going well at the moment, I'm probably going to post every time I've added to the story, I think it will be a good way of getting my writing out on the internet.

"I'm an idiot," I said to Kim.
"Well, we all knew that hun," He giggled.
Kim is one of my best friends, I enjoy his sarcastic and overly dramatic remarks about theatre. The first day we met in year nine he said to me in history, 'hello gorgeous, I'm Kim, yes, I know its a girls name, but I think it was a sign from my parents that they knew there son was going to be gay.'
"What did you say to her?" He asked.
"That's the problem, I didn't say anything. If I grunted it would have had the same impact." I replied.
"I think you need to get over the fact that she's not for you, the girl has a boyfriend for Gods sake Aud!" Kim scoffed, "I don't like her, her aura is rimmed with darkness. Plus she's two faced and back stabby."
"You don't even know her!" I cried,
"Ha! And I suppose you do?"
I didn't reply.
As I was about to speak, Will sat down next to me.
"Hey Aud," He said.
"Hey, what's up?" I replied
"Nothing much." He paused "I must say you are looking very lovely today."
"Umm, thanks." I shrugged.
Fuck, this is why he's been complimenting me so much, he still thinks I'm straight.
I looked at Will, don't get me wrong he was handsome, and yes he is attractive, but I'm not attractive to him, at least not anymore. His sandy hair covered the whole of his right eye, which gave him the sort of boy band/Emo style. His serpent green eyes were still looking into mine, they stood out most of all against his tanned skin. His thin lips curved into a smirk as he watched me analysing his face. I smiled at him and turned away. He thought I was pretty, but in what way? He had known me all my life, but did he love me for my soul and core, or just the pretty face I seemed to have? I always wonder what beauty actually is? Do any of us know? Or are we just influenced my films and the media?
I turned to see Kim eyeing me, as he lowered his copy of Macbeth. His face said, Why haven't you told him yet?
Will turned his gaze away from me while Beth and her boyfriend Kyle say down at our lunch table, and as per usual I zoned out and reclined into my thoughts.
I thought back to the day I came out to my parents. It was two months today.
I remember sitting them both down in our living room and simply saying I'm a lesbian. There faces were both shocked at the same time, there eyes full of confused surprise. Mum's face smoothed in less than a minute, which she stood up and took my face in her hands and said 'I will always love you, whether you like men or women.' Then she hugged me tightly and kissed my hair. Dad on the other hand, he hadn't moved, and I couldn't read his face anymore. It left like hours had passed when he finally looked me in he eye, I didn't see anything, no hatred, no judgement, just nothing.
Thoughts hammered there way into my mind. Have I lost my dad? My friend? Sorry I can't give you proper grandchildren. Sorry I can't give you a son in law. I wanted to scream I haven't changed, I'm still the same Audrey you held in your arms.
All I did was reflect the same blank expression and vacant eyes, I mirrored his nothingness.

Hope you've enjoyed reading some more, let me know what you think in the comment bar below.




No comments:

Post a Comment